Welcome to Year 5 at St Gregory's
Year 5 staff:
SC5 - Miss Clarke and Mrs Ud-din
EW5 - Mrs White and Mrs Walker
Our Learning - Autumn Term
During our RE lessons this term we will be learning about:
In our English lessons this term we will be learning about:
Class Text: Viking Boy
- Write: newspaper articles; narrative stories; adventure stories; book reviews; setting and character descriptions; letters; diary entry, non-fiction reports.
- Read: develop retrieval, inference, analysis and evaluation skills across a range of texts; develop research skills.
- Speaking & Listening: participate in discussions, presentations, role-plays, improvisations and debates. Engage the listener.
In our Maths lessons this term we will be learning about:
- Number & Place Value
- Addition, Subtraction, Division & Multiplication
- Mastery & Reasoning skills
In our Science lessons this term we will be learning about:
- Earth and Space
- Materials and their Properties
- The Vikings